Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Recipe: Lobster Spaghetti - A Reminder of Delicious Summers by the Sea
2 lobsters – approx. 600g/ 1½ lb each, cooked for 10 minutes and shelled
2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
900g/2 lb ripe tomatoes, grated or peeled and very finely chopped
1 organic vegetable cube (optional)
1/2 cup cognac
3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
500g/1lb spaghetti or linguine
sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
Garnish: fresh parsley, finely chopped and 1 lemon, quartered
1. Heat the olive oil in a wide saucepan on medium heat.
2. Add the shallot and cook over low heat until softened.
3. Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 more minutes until fragrant but not browned.
4. Add the cognac and the vegetable cube. Reduce to half.
5. Add the grated tomatoes and simmer on medium/low heat until the sauce is thickened, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Finally, add the lobster meat, (bite size pieces) and the fresh basil. Set aside.
7. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until almost “al-dente”. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
8. Immediately transfer the spaghetti to the sauce and some splashes of the reserved pasta water to add moisture if needed. Cook, stirring gently over medium heat, about 3 minutes, until heated through.
9. Garnish platter with parsley and the lemon wedges. Serve immediately.