Preparation For Meditation:
- Find a quiet place, free of distractions.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Adjust lighting, room temperature, create ambiance with candles, crystals, incense, or anything else that sets the mood.
- Outdoors meditations might include a beach or meadow, anywhere in nature that is quiet and serene.
- Loosen clothing, remove eyeglasses, footwear, any restrictive garment.
- You may play music or meditate quietly.
- Prepare a means of recording what you experience after meditation.
- Sit down or lie down. Find a position that is comfortable for you.
- You are now ready to begin.
Centering Your Focus:
- Inhale slowly through your nose.
- Hold the breath as is comfortable for you.
- Exhale slowly through your mouth.
- Repeat two more times or as is comfortable for you.
Relaxation Exercise To Begin Going Inward:
- Relax your body ... starting with your neck, head, jaw, shoulders, arms, back, torso, and legs.
- Allow your consciousness to guide your journey.
If you fall asleep, that's okay especially during a long meditation. You are using meditation as a relaxation tool to allow your consciousness to detach from physical reality.
There will be times when your meditation will be filled with a flood of imagery. On other occasions, you may see nothing and that's okay.
in an open field of grass and trees.
Feel the sun's warmth and light bathing your body
creating a feeling of peace and tranquility.
As you open up your senses
the fragrances of natural surround you ...
the grass and the flowers.
Listen to the sounds of nature,
water rippling over stones,
the birds and animals.
A Spirit comes forth to take you on a journey
in which your spiritual mission will be shown.
This spirit may be human, or other, in form.
Go with the spirit on foot, by flight, or something else.
Take your time and return when a message is given.
Write down what you have experienced.
You may want to do further research to understand
who you are
why you are here
and what you have to do.
Please return for another vision quest in time, if guided.