Wednesday, January 15, 2014
SEEDS FOR MEDITATION
New Year Resolutions are made to inspire us throughout the year. They keep us moving towards our goals and give us focus when dealing with stressful times.
As much as we wish we can spend all of the next 365 days sticking to our resolutions by the time February hits most of our resolutions have become a thing of the past. There are those exceptional few who have the will power to keep with their resolutions for the long haul.
While it may be hard for the rest of us sometimes all we need is a little inspiration to keep us motivated. Here is a list of 11 inspirational quotes to help you keep up with your New Year’s resolutions in 2014.
(1) “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other,” Abraham Lincoln.
(2) “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed,” Cavett Robert.
(3) “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the New Year,” John R. Dallas Jr.
(4) “The changes in our life must come from the impossibility to live otherwise than according to the demands of our conscience not from our mental resolution to try a new form of life,” Leo Tolstoy.
(5) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year,” Ralph Waldo Emerson. (
6) “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier,” Alfred Tennyson.
(7) “One resolution I have made and try always to keep is this: To rise above the little things,” John Burroughs.
(8) “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice,” T.S Eliot.
(9) “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one,” Brad Paisley.
(10) “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day,” Edith Lovejoy Pierce.
(11) “A cat’s New Year dream is mostly a bird! Don’t be like a cat; in New Year Dream something that you have never dreamed! Target for new things,” Mehmet Murat ildan.