Sunday, February 5, 2012

SOPHIA - LOST GODDESS OF WISDOM


"I am the word that was first uttered by the Most High. It was I who covered the earth like a mist. My dwelling place was in the high heaven; my throne was a pillar of cloud. Alone I made a circuit of the sky and traversed the depth of the abyss. The waves of the sea, the whole earth, all people and nations are under my sway... Before time began He created me, and I shall remain forever. In this world I manifest His presence ... It was He who established me in the city He loved and gave me rule over Jerusalem. I took root in the hearts of those honored by the Lord, those chosen to be His special possession ... Like a terebinth I spread out my branches, laden with honor and grace. I put forth lovely shoots like a vine, and my blossoms were a harvest of love, reverence, knowledge, and holy hope."  (The Book of Ecclesiasticus)


Sophia Redemptrix,
Queen of Heaven, 
Holy Wisdom, 
Celestial Bride, 
Make open to us the Veil 
That we may partake of 
The gifts of the Bridal Chamber. 
Oh thou Holy and Secret Wisdom, 
Having blessed grape and grain, 
Bestow upon us life and joy. 
Amen.

(Ecclesia Gnostica in Nova Albion)

No comments:

Post a Comment