Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"IF"



If
I knew it would be the last time
That
I'd see you fall asleep, I
would tuck you in more tightly and
pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If
I knew it would be the last time that
I see you walk out the door, I
would give you a hug and kiss and
call you back for one more.

If
I knew it would be the last time I'd
hear your voice lifted up in praise, I
would video tape each action and word, so
I could play them back day after day.

If
I knew it would be the last time, I
could spare an extra minute to
stop and say "I love you," instead
of assuming you would KNOW I do.

If
I knew it would be the last time I
would be there to share your day, Well
I'm sure you'll have so many more, so
I can let just this one slip away.

For
surely there's always tomorrow to
make up for an oversight, and
we always get a second chance to
make everything just right.

There
will always be another day to
say "I love you," And
certainly there's another chance to
say our "Anything I can do?"

But
just in case I might be wrong, and
today is all I get, I'd
like to say how much I love you and
I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow
is not promised to anyone, young
or old alike, And
today may be the last chance you
get to hold your loved one tight.

So
if you're waiting for tomorrow, why
not do it today? For
if tomorrow never comes, you'll
surely regret the day

That
you didn't take that extra time for
a smile, a hug, or a kiss and
you were too busy to grant someone, what
turned out to be their one last wish.

So
hold your loved ones close today, and
whisper in their ear, Tell
them how much you love them and
that you'll always hold them dear

Take
time to say "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me,"
"Thank you," or "It's okay." And
if tomorrow never comes, you'll
have no regrets about today.

------

Don't live by "if" ... BE. 

Send this on to show your support in bringing Love into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment