Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Be The Change ...


Change your routine by doing something different - like smiling at a stranger, walking instead of taking the subway, or writing down your dreams.


For me, I'm following up on a childhood memory ... the Banyan Tree.

Draw the tree that has been heavy on your heart all morning. Since childhood. For the past few weeks. A big family. A movement of sorts going on beneath the tree. A gathering of many, or just one.

Decide on one person whom you will tell about your tree. Make a coffee date.

Ask yourself: How thick is my tree? How crisp are the leaves? How high are the branches? Can I climb them? Dare I climb them?

And, when you’ve drawn the tree completely, ask the most important question of all: Will it give shade to someone else one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment